Before I go into today’s liberal insanity, I wanted to take a moment and remind everyone that today is Lincoln’s birthday. The 16th President of the United States led the country through the Civil War, abolished slavery, and was the first Republican president elected to office, after the party’s first ever National Convention in 1856.
Today’s scandals are, of course, courtesy of the clown-show called the Democrat Party. 2020 Presidential contender Senator Kamala Harris (D-CA) gave an interview with the New York radio show The Breakfast Club in which she claimed she smoked weed in college while listening to Tupac and Snoop Dogg. So authentic, so relatable, so raw and real, right? Except she graduated college in 1986, Tupac’s first album came out in 1991, and Snoop’s first album came out in 1993. Another Democrat lying about their background…what’s new.
The other scandal of the day is one that couldn’t make me happier. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has called for a Senate vote on socialist Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s so-called Green New Deal.
As a reminder, last Thursday, the former bartender turned congresswoman Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) released her groundbreaking, never-before-seen Green New Deal, which aims at combatting the greatest threat mankind has ever encountered, climate change. After the enormous backlash from the utter idiocy in this document, her office pulled the document down from her webpage and began lying about the contents of the document claiming that certain parts, which were, in fact, part of the original were never there and they were a victim of a right-wing conspiracy. Well, reality doesn’t work that way. Even though the document is down, everyone managed to read it, download it, write their opinions, and some Democrats even endorsed it. To everyone with half a brain, a resolution that calls for the complete reshaping and ultimate destruction of the American economy would be indeed the most stupid piece of political document, written in the format and language (including the typos) of a failed high school paper.
I encourage you to go ahead and read the document for yourselves, but here are some of the highlights from the bill:
- abolish planes, build so many high-speed railroads that we make air travel obsolete
- abolish combustion-engine vehicles, subsidize electric vehicle production and install charging stations “everywhere” (whatever “everywhere” means)
- abolish “farting cows” (verbatim, taken from the resolution itself)
- abolish the coal industry, the natural gas industry, and virtually every other industry that currently produces energy
- upgrade or replace every single building in the US for state-of-the-art energy efficiency (that is ~5 million commercial buildings and ~127 million residential buildings)
- a secured job for everyone, including free medical care, housing, healthy food, family and medical leave, vacations, retirement security
- economic security for everyone unable or unwilling to work (i.e. if you don’t want to work, no problem, you’ll still get a paycheck to do exactly that)
- Who’s paying for this? No-one says and no-one knows. Except the resolution claims it’s going to be super expensive and even if we confiscate all the corporate and billionaire wealth, we can’t pay for it. But confiscation is at least a start!
- How long will this plan take? 10 years
As AOC once said, “We need to invent technology that’s never even been invented yet.” Yes, that is, in fact, a real quote by her.
Now, Mitch McConnell is bringing this dumpster fire up for a vote. A brilliant move that would not only open up a lot of people’s eyes about the radical lunacy of the New York socialist, but also put a bunch of Democrat senators on the record, either supporting or opposing the bill. Well done, Mitch!
Subscribe to My Newsletter!
Be the first to get notified when I post more content
Disclaimer: The image featured in this post was offered on Flick by DonkeyHotey